The Canadian Boiler and Machinery Underwriters’ Association (CB&MUA) was founded in Toronto in 1951. CB&MUA’s mandates are:
- To function as a voluntary, non-profit unincorporated association of insurers and reinsurers writing Boiler and Machinery insurance or any other line of Engineering Insurance in Canada.
- To promote a high ethical standard in the conduct of the business and to serve as a medium of exchange of information and ideas among its Members or any other representative body, that will serve to advance the interests of the Boiler & Machinery Industry and the markets which it serves.
- To make available to Members, on an advisory basis, information on policy forms, wordings, related services and emerging issues.
- To promote public safety in connection with the use of boilers, machinery and other associated objects and apparatus by exchanging data.
- To sponsor any related conference, as deemed necessary, to further the objectives of the CB&MUA.
- To liaise with the standards-setting departments within government(s) in order to participate in the development of those standards.
The current members of the CB&MUA are:
Allianz Global Risks
Aviva Canada Inc.
AXA XL Canada Inc.
Chubb Insurance Company of Canada
Factory Mutual Insurance Company
General Reinsurance Corporation
Northbridge General Insurance Company
Ontario School Boards’ Insurance Exchange
Sovereign General Insurance Company
Zurich North America Canada